Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad



I made this card for Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge # 106 and A Day for Daisies challenge # 106- It's a new.... I felt it was only fitting to showcase the wonderful digital stamp that I won from the SSW #100 Blog Hop Celebration by A Day for Daisies for these 2 challenges. I still can't believe I won but, I was able to choose any picture I wanted and she made it into this wonderful digi. I usually don't post pictures of my kids, a little paranoid I know, but I thought you should see the original picture and how wonderful her work is. It is my favorite picture, they all are so happy, they just got done having a water fight. I felt it was the perfect picture and the perfect thing to use for Father's Day! My kids were so excited, they felt they were super stars. I let them pick the color they wanted there clothes to be, it actually was hard to color them because they are my kids, weird huh but I have never colored someone I know. Anyways, enough babbling, I used the wonderful sketch below from SSW and made this wonderful card. He loved it and told me it was a keepsake. All the papers are from Basic Grey, they make wonderful masculine colored papers! So hop over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and A Day for Daisies to look at there wonderful creations and join in on the fun! I hope you enjoy and all you Dad's out there have a wonderful Happy Father's Day!!!

(PHOTO REMOVED)


Recipe:
SSW sketch # 106
A Day For Daisies- Custom Stamp
Basic Grey digital papers
Bazzill Cardstock
Neenah cardstock
Recollections Brads
Tim Holtz Distressing tool
Glossy Accents
Prismacolor pencils
OMS
Photoshop
ATG gun
Pop dots

20 comments:

Jacki Randolph said...

Oh my Luciana, this is absolutely fabulous!! Such a fantastic stamp to have and to be able to create with!! One card I am sure your hubby will always cherish!! Congratulations on the win and thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Kathie said...

Hi Lucianna, this is absolutely fabulous!!! I am so glad that you showed us what you had made from a photo after winning Challenge 100. It's totally amazing and your card turned our perfectly what an awesome job such a cute image but a great masculine card I bet your DH absolutely adored it I love it. You'll cherish this image for ever. I think I would blow this image up to an A4 and colour it and then frame it for the house as it's fantastic and then everyone can see it when they come into your home and you could also have the photo framed next to it to compare. Congratulations on an awesome card. Fantastic job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT

girlia said...

Stunning!!! the stamp is a remarkable likeness. Excellent coloring. I sure your DH will love this. This is definitely one card and stamp to be cherished.

mulberry station said...

Oh my goodness, Lucianna, this is just gorgeous. How fun to have this digi image of your kids and so fitting to give it as a card to your husband on Father's Day. It is so beautiful!!! What a wonderful keep sake. I am so glad that you won that challenge and received such a wonderful gift. I agree with Kathie, you should frame it. Have a wonderful weekend with your family.
Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

Staying Crafty said...

That is SO cool!!!! Thanks for sharing the original. I really liked seeing how the drawing was so much like the photo. You did an awesome job on your card :)

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness, this is sooooo cute!! Your hubby will lOVE this!! Your children are adorable:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jeannie said...

Awww...this brought tears to my eyes and I so appreciate that you want to keep your family private, so thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family with us. This is truly a keepsake and I'm so happy you were our winner for this terrific prize! This is one amazing card!

Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jovan said...

OMG...I just love it! I so have to get one made. Your children are beautiful, I love this card!

jen said...

OMG I so love this!!!!! How awesome!!! Looks like the best card ever for a Dad....I bet he loved it. TFS
hugs,jen

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

WoW That digi is awesome! Great bunch of kiddos!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Lucianna, thanks so much for sharing your photo stamp from ADFD! It is absolutely stunning! I agree with Kathie and feel you should frame your card and picture too! Tammy did such a wonderful job for you and you did a fabulous job on your Father's Day card! What a treasure to cherish! Thanks so much for sharing!
Judi SSW DT

Sharon Basel said...

Oh I'm so happy you shared this wonderful stamp that you won. What beautiful children and how special to have a stamp custom made of them. This is a gorgeous card and I just love that it's for Father's Day - super special. Thanks for sharing it Lucianna!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Patti P. said...

I would say it is definitely a keepsake....such a beautiful job with your coloring and love your story....now it is something the whole family was part of creating. Thanks for sharing how wonderful this stamp is when created and the results from using the stamp are just superb. Thanks for playing at SSW this week.

Patti SSW/DT

Genevieve said...

Such a precious Fathers Day card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, I was looking forward to seeing how it turned out. Thanks so much for playing along this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Arlana said...

Wow such sweet keepsake. Love that image of your family. You definatly should frame it. So fun and thanks for sharing. So glad you won. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Your card is just perfect. Love the image that Tammy created for you. Thanks for joining us this week at A Day for Daisies.

The Stamper's Touch said...

I am in total awe of this stamp!! How wonderful!! The pic is so sweet, I can see why you chose that one to be made into the digi!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and joining us at SSW.

Linda

Marissa said...

Wow! What a great present for your hubby!

rissaflor@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

This is amazing! So perfect for a Father's Day Card and I love what you have done with it. Thank you so much for playing with us at A Day For Daisies!

CraftyJAR said...

This is an AMAZING card! You were so lucky to get that stamp done but you used it perfectly! Your husband must have been over the moon. Just perfect!