Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweet thoughts of you- MPS DT call

I made this card for The Pink Stamper: Design Team Call. It is such a wonderful challenge to work with using her color requirement, along with a Cricut cartridge. I chose to use the "Sentimentals" cartridge and cut the postage squares in two different sizes and layered them along with the beautiful butterfly on there. The antennae for the butterflies were so thin and they ripped so I cut small strips of paper, inked them and glued them to the back. I made a pin to match the colors and used a beautiful orange ribbon from American Crafts. I left one square open for the sentiment which was stamped with My Pink Stamper "Simply Sweet Occasion" stamp set in a chocolate brown. She has many retailers to order from and you can click HERE to find one to suit you, I bought mine through Custom Crops.

If you have any questions please ask and I hope you can hop over and take part in the challenge, you definitely will not regret it!! Have a great day :)

Recipe:
Cricut Cartridge- Sentimentals (postage cut and butterfly)
My Pink Stamper stamps- Simple Sweet Occasion
Neenah cardstock
laPomme Design digital paper
American Craft ribbon
Homemade pin
Liquid Pearls- Platinum
Stickles- Rock candy
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Spiced Marmalade
Colorbox Ink- Brown
Quilling tool for curling antennae
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
ATG gun
Pop Dots
Glue Dots



18 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card Luciana.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Wow this card is so pretty, so elegant & full of detail! Good luck!!

Robyn said...

You did a fabulous job!! Good luck!

Hugs,
Robyn
My Pink Stamper

Dee Burns said...

Beautiful card. Love the Butterflies. Good luck.
Dee B

Esther said...

The butterflies are stunning and your pin is gorgeous!!!!
Hope you make the team!!!!

Adrian said...

Good luck, great job!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Good Luck!

Andrea said...

Beautiful! Good luck!

Jenny said...

So pretty. I love the pin, it's a great touch :) Good luck with the DT!

Jenny
papercutcreations.blogspot.com
papercraftjenny@gmail.com

June Houck said...

Lucianna, your card is beautiful! I have the same issue with the antennae ripping. I love your card. Good luck!

Ildi-The craftin mama said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the colors!! Good Luck!! Would love if you stopped by my blog. I am your newest follower!! You do beautiful work, some are so intricate!!

Ildi-The Craftin Mama
http://www.thecraftinmama.blogspot.com/

CraftyJAR said...

Cute card! Good luck!
Judy

Dawnica said...

Great card! I love the butterflies!
www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

Arcy Scraps said...

very classy looking card!! really like your patterned paper! good luck!

My Lil' Bits said...

Very pretty! Good Luck!
Lisa

katieo said...

Lucianna your card is so pretty. You are so talented, I hope you make the DT Good Luck

Michelle said...

I love butterflies! This is a very pretty card. I love the 3D look to it. Good luck with the design team!

hugs~
Michelle

http://michelles-crafty-creations.blogspot.com

{PaperCrafterAnonymous} said...

FANTASTIC card, love your take on the challenge! Good Luck!