Thursday, July 14, 2011

The woman in red

It is time for another Tiddly Ink card, Challenge #57- Reel Me In. Pick a favorite movie and create a theme around it. I had a really hard time with this because I don't watch a lot of Movies/TV because if I sat down in a dark room or sat down, I would fall asleep. So I was getting ready for bed and a "Sucker Punch" promo came on and I thought it would be a perfect card with the Tiddly Ink images, but I just could not find the right image for it. So my DH saw this image and got all excited and said "The Woman in Red" about a dozen times and then said "Wait, can you make that?" Ha, can I make that, to him I say "OF course I can make that!!" He then leaves the room and I am thinking, I don't know if I can make that, I have never watched the movie, I have seen the poster for it though, so I made it to go with the poster. Poor "Carpenter Joe" was just trying to do his work when he walked by Miss "Blow me Away", lol. Needless to say the DH kept coming in every 5 minutes asking if it was done yet, men ;) So it is not MY favorite movie, but it is obviously a favorite of many men, including my DH. Below I have posted the poster for your viewing purposes :)


The funny thing is that after I made this card the Tiddly Inks/Make it Crafty images debuted and they are FANtastic, you click on the button to the side there to go take a look or HERE, they have a fun "Eye Spy" game going on. Within that debut are a lot of Steampunk images that would have worked with the original movie. So if there are any of you out there that are movie buffs, hop over and join in, they have a lot of great images that work with all movies and take a look at what the DT came up with!! Thank you for listening to me babble and I hope you have a wonderful day :)

Recipe:
Tiddly Inks digi's- Carpenter Joe and Blow me away
Neenah white cardstock
Primsacolor Pencils
OMS
ATG gun
Glue dots
Photoshop for sentiment and red frame

16 comments:

Tina said...

wow this is amazing the dress just pops...your so talented...love this

Tina

Adrian said...

adorable,love how her dress looks like it is really flying!

Melissa said...

Very cute, great job!

girlia said...

Love it. Love that hair

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

Oh, how funny!!! :) I am thinking poor carpenter joe is totally fine with his predicament. LOL


I have never even heard of that movie, but I can imagine why it is a favorite of men...hehe

Super cute!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

AWESOME!! Love her dress!!

So fun Lucianna!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

mforquer said...

Oh my gosh this is just hilarious! What a fabulous idea!!! Gorgeous card!
Hugs,
M

Esther said...

You did a wonderful job on this card, her dress is fantastic!!!!!

Larissa said...

Fabulous card. I also have never heard about this movie, but if you compare it to the original poater, your card is really awesome.

Hugs,
Larissa

Kim Kelley said...

WOW your shadowing came out wonderful! And your coloring wonderful as well! Funny story!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great image!

Jenn Borjeson said...

ROFL This is hysterical, love it!

DonnaMundinger said...

Super, Lucianna! Love how you did her skirt and have Carpenter Joe peeking in. Great how you did his shadow. This is fab! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week. xxD

Loopylou. said...

he he he he!! oh thats fab!! i love it!! seeing carpenter joe in a whole new light now!! romfl!! thank you so much for sharing this in our challenge over on tiddly inks this week!!! hugs Lou xxx

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Wow, this is just so great! I love how you colored her and that it follows the poster so well! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

Brodders said...

What a great take on the challenge and fab colouring too.Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week :)