Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Have a Smurfy Day- CTO # 24


It is time to Celebrate the Occasion with Challenge # 24- Kid's Birthday. Well I tell you this was perfect timing. My daughter turns 6 today so we had her party on Sunday and she wanted none other than a Smurf party. Of course I could not find anything, which seems odd because there is a movie out now, so I had to create my own. I found some free images on the internet and created crayon covers, a coloring book and keychains to attach to the all blue goodie bags. The girls got "Smurfette" and the boys got "Papa Smurf". The mushroom card I made using the Cindy Loo cartridge, the grass from the Create-a-Critter cartridge and the door and window from George and Basic Shapes. I drew in the design on the window and the door and the door opens and says "Celebrate Today". She had a fabulous time and she got to be a Smurf for the day (well in her imagination anyway). I hope you all can hop over and join in on the fun challenge and don't forget to take a look at what the fabulous DT has created!! Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

Recipe:
Cricut Cartridge- Cindy Loo, Create-a-Critter, George and Basic Shapes
Recollections cardstock
atd chipboard balloon
Colorbok rub on
Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber
Glossy Accents
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Prismacolor pencils
Photoshop
Candy and other goodies for bags
$1 store crayons
ATG gun
"Smurfette" and "Papa Smurf" freebie images online




23 comments:

Creative Diva said...

OMG! This is too cute. I love the Smurfs. Great job.

Cre8tiveVet said...

I LOVE this!!! I even ran out to Build a bear a bought the Smurfette. I bet your daughter was so excited! I would love to know the site where you found the images. -Yvette (fellow team #2 DT)
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

So cute!!! I remember when my daughter was into the Smurfs...almost 25 years ago!! YIKES!!! lol
Fellow DT 2 Member
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

what a cute party, and you did a great job on it.
it is really adorable and I know she loved it.

Kristen said...

You did a wonderful job. I hope she had a wonderful Birthday.

Kristen (fellow team #2 DT)

Adrian said...

U did an aweome job! WOW!

Esther said...

Wow Lucianna, you outdid yourself!!! The mushroom card with the smurf is simply fantastic! Looks like she had a super birthday!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Precious, Lucianna! You've made her day a celebration she'll remember forever! How resourceful of you. Everything is just perfect. xxD

Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful project. And you are right, the timing was perfect. Happy Birthday to your daughter. I know that she loved everything and had a great party.

DIANA L. said...

SUPER job I love your mushroom- perfect timing with the smurfs.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

WOW! Great job! Love the Smurfs!

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Super cute!! I love the smurfs!!

Veronica
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

This is Gorgeous. WOW, WOW, WOW... Smooches... Felicia at scrapperinthemaking.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

OMG, adorable, I am loving everything about this! Great job!

GiGi said...

This set is just SO COOL! I am sure your daughter LOVED it! I love the card in the shape of a mushroom and all the goody's! Great job!

Trail of Treasures said...

Wow! What an amazing job you've done! That is such a neat idea! You did a great job with the challenge Lucianna!

Hugs,
Tracey - fellow DT member

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Absolutely amazing! Love the Smurf theme. FANTASTIC! ~Shen

Mary said...

I just love the Smurfs and you did an incredible job with this project.

girlia said...

Incredible. I love the smurfs as well. (Not because they are blue-lol). Incredible job.

Amy said...

EEEEEeeeeek!! I love, love, LOVE the Smurfs -- You have done the Smurfs JUSTICE with your adorable card and party favors!! Oh my goodness... Absolutely AWESOME!! :)

I'm so excited to work with you for another term on the CTO DT!!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

Your CTO DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

CraftyJAR said...

This is so cute! Such fantastic doodling. I hope your daughter had a wonderful day.
Judy

Jill said...

love the smurfs and ,love the card which ,i also LOVE the color blue and realy you did a fantastic job.

Crafting Misfit said...

LOVING the smurf stuff. GREAT mushroom!!!

Your CTO DT sister :)
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
I am having a show and tell on my blog- I would love to have you link up!!!
Visit my blog!