Saturday, August 20, 2011

SAS 4 Kids new DT member & Challenge

I am just so excited to share with everyone that I am now part of a new DT for Send A Smile 4 Kids. Karen, who I was a fellow DT member with for another blog, came to me and asked me if I would be interested and I honestly had no idea about this wonderful blog. I was completely thrilled to join especially after I found out what it is for. The challenges run every 2 weeks and here is a little information about SAS 4 Kids from their blog: Send A Smile 4 Kids is a charitable blog created for the purpose of collecting donated handmade cards to be distributed to children while they are inpatient at Children’s Hospitals. Currently we are donating them to the Children’s Hospitals in Neenah and Milwaukee, WI. On any given day, there are 50-60 children inpatient in these hospitals so we would love to receive as many cards as you can send to cheer them and their families. The kids may also use your cards as Thank You Notes to the nurses and doctors and others. Any kid's cards are welcome including: birthday, holidays (not religious specific please) and happy any day cards.

Now onto today's card and next challenge:


The next 2 week challenge is #16- Punches and Diecuts for Kids. The challenge sponsor's are Sassy Cheryl's ($5.00 Gift Certificate), Crop Stop ($15.00 Gift Certificate) and The Stamp Shoppe ($15.00 Gift Certificate). I made two cards, for a girl and a boy. Both cards used images from Sassy Cheryl's called, "The Bubble Blower" and "Pumpkin Wagon Boy". I colored them up with Prismacolors and different die cuts and punches were used for both that I have listed in the Recipe below. I hope that all of you can hop over and take a look at this wonderful blog and if you still need more incentive they are actually going to post a picture of me, ugh, so at least you will now know what my crazy mug looks like ;) Have a fabulous Saturday everyone :)

Recipe:
Sassy Cheryl's images- The Bubble Blower and Pumpkin Wagon Boy (Thank you for the wonderful images to work with)
Bearly Mine Designs- digital paper (boy)
Create with TLC- sentiment (boy)
Sgt Stamper- sentiment (girl)
Bazzill cardstock
Neenah cardstock
Glossy Accents
ek success punch (boy and girl)
Michaels ribbon
Cricut George and Basic shapes cartridge (girl)
Prismacolor Pencils
OMS
ATG gun
Pop dots

5 comments:

auntbeespickles said...

What darling cards! I love them both!! I am so glad that you joined us over at Send A Smile 4 Kids DT! It is great having your talent with us!
Hugs, Sarah

Esther said...

They are both adorable!!!
I really love the digi of the girl blowing a bubble!!!
What a cool blog to donate cards to the kids!!!!!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Congrats on DT! Great cards!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Shelby said...

Both of your cards are so wonderful and the designs perfect. SAS4Kids is lucky to be able to tap into your talent!

Shelby

Karen Hasheck said...

Great job on your blog post and your cards are awesome as always! Mine are now visible to the naked eye on my blog post too...And your lovely picture has finally been added to the blog too- welcome to the team!!