Monday, August 1, 2011

Wishing you a Magical Day

Well I think you all know how much in love I am with Tiddly Inks and the images, so let me tell you how excited I was when I got an email asking me to be the Guest Designer for the month of August. So for my first GD project I made this fun card for Challenge # 60- Under the Sea- gel card, there is a tutorial on the Tiddly site on how to make a gel card.

I used the Tiddly image "Mermaid Miranda", some of the "sea shells" digi stamps from Make it Crafty and the Whimsie Doodles "beach border" for the bottom of the card. The seaweed actually came from the Spongebob Squarepants Cricut Cartridge, which made me laugh, and I inked them up with some Tim Holtz distress inks. I had to create the water background scene in Photoshop along with the bubble sentiment. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will try and answer them. In the meantime you absolutely have to hop over and check out what the SUPER talented Design Team has created, they always amaze me with their creations, and take part in the fun challenge!! I hope you all have a wonderful night or day :)

Recipe:
Tiddly Inks- Mermaid Miranda
Make it Crafty- Sea Shells
Whimsie Doodles- Beach border
Cricut Cartridge- Spongebob Squarepants
Neenah cardstock
ek success border punch
Liquid Pearls
Stickles
Hair Gel
Baggie
Prismacolor Pencils
OMS
Red Tape
ATG gun
Pop Dots
Photoshop

15 comments:

PinkBlingCrafter said...

WOW!! this card is just beautiful!!!! LOVE it:)
Hugs

Loopylou. said...

morning lucianna!!
Oh this is just beautiful hun and I am so excitedto have you tiddlying with the tiddly inkers!!! love the weeds at the side too. hugs Lou xxx

Renee said...

Oh my goodness this is amazing!!!! I adore the feel of this card...and the seaweed is perfection!!!

Adrian said...

OMG! U never cease to amaze me!!! WOW!!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Lucianna this is RIDICULOUSLY gorgeous!! Love the colors and Miranda Mermaid looks STUNNING! SO SO glad you are with us this month!!

HUGS!!!
Meredith

DonnaMundinger said...

Super AMAZING, Lucianna! Love all the elements you've pulled together to make such a magical creation. Was wondering about that fab background, and he seaweed on SpongeBob, wish I'd thought of that cart. Congrats on joining the Tiddly Inkers this month. We're thrilled to have you! xxD

mforquer said...

Lucianna - this card is fantastic!!! I'm so excited to have you join us as a guest at Tiddly Inks! I love the blues in your card and the sun shining down into the water is just phenomenal!!! Beautiful!
Hugs,
M

Marlena Peduzzi said...

What a beautiful card! I love the way you put it together and your ocean blue is just gorgeous!

Cheryl Valadez said...

WOW! Lucianna, this is fabulous! I love the way the mermaid slides into the pocket and appears behind the gel. It really is like 2 cards in one! Lots of work on this one, but so worth it! Your details rock! Hugz, Cheryl

Starla B. said...

This is just so incredible. That paper is just absolutely fantastic, and the coloring...the seaweed...amazing. You did such a fabulous job...no wonder you were the first Guest Designer for Tiddly Inks!!

Larissa said...

Hi Lucianne, welcome to the team and your first dt card is so fabulous! Your colouring is awesome!

Hugs,
Larissa

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

Oh, I can't tell you how much I love this card....simply fantastic! :)

So glad to have you on the team, even for a short time. :)
XOXO

girlia said...

Awesome and congratulations on making the DT

Jill said...

love the colors, what a fun card, well you did a fantastic job


jgrasen@yahoo.com

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Oh my gosh, I just love the sunbeams shining down through the water. Would never have guessed you did that in PS. Way to go. Gorgeous rainbow mermaid.