Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Art Journal, hmm maybe




Tiddly Inks is going Art Journal for there challenge #65. Let me tell you when I saw the challenge I was in awe at the creations and then I said "well I won't be joining this one because there is no way I can let my mind just ramble with no set boundaries". Then the drill sergeant came out of me and said "what do you mean you can't do it, you haven't even tried, do it, do it, do it!!!" So I ran down to Michaels, got me a big 11x15 pad and stared at my white sheet, lol. Then I saw some Smooch spritzers that I had an never used and thought well lets see what these do and just went from there, don't get me wrong it took me 4 days, but so fun. It's not completely what I had in mind, I visioned a darker room with the butterflies flying toward the beautiful window, but it was extremely fun to make a mess with my unused items and create some randomness. If you haven't tried this I strongly push you to at least try it, you will be amazed with what you come up with and if you don't like it you don't have to post it, like I bravely have!! I wanted you to at least see that I am once again stepping outside that box of mine to try something new, it's all trial and error, now I have something to go off of to do better. I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday and don't forget CTO has the new challenge up with DT #1.

Recipe:



15 comments:

Danni said...

Love your art journaling page! Fabulous job!

Adrian said...

VERY CUTE!

Esther said...

WOW, I love it!!! Very cool! It's good to challenge yourself to try something new, although it is hard sometimes!!!
Your journal is great!

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

CW stencil work and the dotted areas came out so AMAZING. Love how it looks. I would never have known you've never tried this before, you look like a pro. Great mixed media project.

So glad you could join us for the Tiddly Inks Art Journal challenge.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So super adorable! Great details!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

mforquer said...

Oh so beautiful! Love this creation - such fabulous combination of images and colors! Wow I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
Hugs,
M

Loopylou. said...

hiyah lucianna!
oh hun i do not know where to start, i am completely wordless, this is just so very stunning. Its soft and gentle and full of gorgeousness.
thank you so very very much for sharing it with us over on tiddly inks
Hugs Lou xxxx

Cheryl Valadez said...

Wow! This turned out great and you're right, it's a terrific way to use some of those products we had to have, but are gathering dust ;D My shelves are lined with those...LOL! Awesome work! Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks! Hugz, Cheryl

CraftyMomOf2 said...

This is beautiful Lucianna!!! Gorgeous colors!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TI!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

Wow...that is a lot of supplies, Lucianna!!! :) And it turned out just beautifully!!! :) Nicely done!

DonnaMundinger said...

You GO, girl! this is sooo gorgeous! Love the texture you've created. It is pretty fun, isn't it? Still haven't troubles trying to creat another page, though. And weren't you brave buying a BIG book!? LOL Thanks for joining our special challenge. xxD

Marlena Peduzzi said...

It's just great! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining our Art Journal challenge!

Jill said...

love the sentiment great job and im just so supprised how lovely it is don graet job.

jgrasen@yahoo.com

kimberlydawson11@yahoo.com said...

WOW, I love it!!! Very cool!!!
Your journal is great! great stencil work and the dotted areas came out AMAZING. Love how it looks. Love the texture you've created. was this project fun? you look like a pro. Great job on this project lucianna.






kimberlydawson11@yahoo.com

Larissa said...

Supercute and i love it. Thanks for joining us at the ti challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa