Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fab Friday

Good morning everyone!  It is Fabby Friday at Tiddly Inks and I decided to try something different with the adorable "Thanks Fairy Much" stamp set.  


I tried heat embossing the image with my Inkxpressions Black Embossing Powder. I love the effect it gave with those dark black lines but the bad news is that it is NOT good on your Copics.  The black rubs off on your nibs :(.  You can see in areas where the black smeared into the image.  I finished coloring it up with Copics and then watercolored the background for another fun effect.  This was all done on Watercolor paper which blends Copics really well.  For the sentiment I chose to go with the Memento Ink instead of embossing and it came out just as nice and no Copic damage :)  Hop on over and take a look at what the DT has come up with on top of seeing what the New DT has put together for you!  As always if you have any questions please ask and I hope you have a fabulous weekend :)

1 comments:

JanR said...

Super sweet! Cool technique too! Maybe I'll give it a try, it might be easier with pencils.